7.11.2009

boom and sparkle








Not much to say really. Our fourth was both traditional and wet - very wet, which caused the day to be a bit of a downer. I won't bore you with the details. . . well just a few. Because we had no family to be with, we went and spent time with our ward (church) family. I always feel like a stray cat when I attend the 4th of July breakfast here in Btown. Those that attended breakfast have no family in town and nothing to do. No boating trips or fun vacations. We are a bunch of strays with no where to go. Most every one splits out of Btown during the holidays. Thankfully the downpour waited until after breakfast, unlike last year. I can handle playing outside with a little rain, but this was outrageous. So we made a DVD run and brought home some entertainment. What a lame way to spend a 4th of July holiday. And although the rain slowed, it was still too wet outside to do our own fireworks at dusk. Booo. It's holidays like these that I wished we lived close to our families.

And so I keep reminding myself: at least we have each other. At least we have each other. Thank goodness for that.

4 comments:

ads said...

Well Anj, all the other kids were off doing their own 4th of July celebrations, so Dad and I had a very quiet day ourselves. We could have been strays together.:)

Sus said...

aw, I always felt this way in Chicago when the big family holidays came and went. and it was awfully wet this year. at least you guys look cute. :)

Brad and Marci said...

I love how you make everything fun for you kids even if it's not the ideal situation. We are on a count down to seeing you guys at the cabin.

karlin said...

cute pics. it's so hard to live away from family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...