6.15.2010

missed friends

The day we moved away from Bloomington, at a farewell breakfast with the Hanselmanns.


We miss these guys, the Hanselmanns, terribly.
I especially miss Lyndee. She is one of the best friends I've ever had outside of my family. To us, the Hanselmanns were family, and oh how I love them! I don't have a good picture of Lyndee, but aren't her kids adorable? Eagan and Anders. They were our best Bloomington buddies. They were our sleepover pals, fellow party animals, camping companerios, football watching hosts. Lyndee and Fritz loved my kids and we loved theirs.

Lyndee and I shared a passion for cooking. She cooked for me and I cooked for her, (she knew the answer to every cooking question I had and was a far better cook than I). We drove up to Indy together to shop and hit the Mexi mart while our hubbies were hitting the books. She would do my make-up before dates and events, she lent me her clothes and gave me pedicures. She gave me honest opinions and boosted me up when I needed it. We could talk freely of our frustrations, dreams, and fears. We laughed at each other and at ourselves. She always made me feel welcome in her home, with her Spanish music always thumping. I loved it. I will always remember her saying to me, "A girl gotta have a little jiggle," during our conversations about body weight. It's hard to put into words how much our friendship meant to me, but if you ever read this Lyndee, thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you!


I'm afraid with all that has happened, the rapid move, the transition between student and job life, I have lost the constant contact we had with each other. It makes me sad. But I still love them dearly, and will always have great and fun memories of our adventures with the Hanselmanns!

2 comments:

ads said...

Great and true friends are hard to come by, and there is a real void when you don't have them anymore.

Shawny said...

Aww....that's such a nice post! Makes me miss Bloomington. So great to have wonderful friends. Hope you can find more where you are at now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...