3.25.2008

barber shop

BEFORE

Shaggy finally got a trim! My mom wanted to take Becks to get his hair cut while she visiting... so we took him to an "old school" Barber shop in town, just like the ones you see in the movies. The walls were scattered with Hoosier Basketball paraphernalia, they had the old style leather swivel chairs with a makeshift booster seat, oak wood walls, a TV was on with the latest basketball game, and two grey haired men were there, one kicking it back in a swivel chair watching the tube, and the other shooting the breeze with a customer. I was a little hesitant to explain that I wanted to keep the shaggy look on Beckham, just trimmed up, because I didn't think he would understand the look I was going for... but I went ahead and said exactly that... and amazingly the barber did just what I was imagining. It was pure entertainment to watch Beckham... he didn't move a muscle. He sat there with big eyes looking from nana to me, to nana to me, to the sucker bowl, to the tv, and back to nana. The video is actually very uneventful, yet very humorous because this is how Becks was the whole time. What 1 year old holds still for an entire haircut? I seriously don't know what got into him. Enjoy!



AFTER


8 comments:

ads said...

What an adorable little guy. Doesn't he just melt your heart?

The Blanchard Family said...

casiblanchard@yahoo.com...sorry, I forgot that minor detail

The Blanchard Family said...

Hey Anj...I decided to make my blog private, so send me an email so I can add you to my readers! Hope all is well!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Let me make 3 "clever/long comments" on all three of your previous posts:
1- I LOVE the short shaggy and would have shared the same nerves about the old guy knowing what you wanted. I get super control-freak-ish about my boy's hair!! But Beck's turned out darling!
2- You look so much like your Mom!! I live far away from my Mom too so I relate to all of your feelings! I love giggling like girls and talking about the latest celebrity gossip, home decor, etc. when I finally get to see her. I'm surrounded w/boys like you so it's good to have a few days w/your Mom! ***And it's uber-sad when the kids want to see more of her and you can't explain the reason that she can't live w/you forever. I hate that!
3-I told my friend in Cedar City to check out your blog to see your Transformer cake & homemade car. Well apparently she reads your blog often and thinks are are amazing! She IM'd me today to tell me about the sassy post about your "creepy" comment from guy in WV. All I can say is: What a creep!! and YOU GO GIRL!! Way to prove him that we are meant to be seen & HEARD!! *And I agree with my friend: You are freaking amazing & definitely someone I'm getting inspired by (once again) !! :)

LindsSawyer said...

Cute short hair! You look so much like your mom! LOVE the new bangs...I had them for a while but it was too much upkeep for me....

Juliana said...

I really don't know of any one yr old that would do that...he is just in shock! Adorable...

Keri Hennefer said...

SO cute! I absolutely love his hair! I'm in the same situation, poor Hunter has such long hair, but his is still his baby hair, but it looks like a comb over on the top. I can't break down and cut it, because then he'll look more like a little boy than a baby. So by seeing Beck's hair, now I know it can be done! :)

Sus said...

I can't believe your 1-year-old has so much hair! And where is that great barber shop? We are totally taking Si - you know, in 4 years when he needs his first trim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...