3.11.2008

National Mall, DC


Today we drove up to DC (Matthias had something for school) so the boys and I walked around the National Mall to see all the monuments and memorials while he was doing his stuff. I didn't realize how much walking I was in for, but my legs were aching by the end of the day - the amazing sights were worth it though! We hit all the major ones I think. The boys obviously are too young to really be wowed by the monuments, but they loved the running area they provided. The WWII memorial was our favorite. It was hard to keep the boys quiet in the memorials like the signs requested and it was also a little stressful to keep them close to me -there were so many people there and I was outnumbered. People kept looking at me and the boys and I didn't know if it was because of the boys or because of the double jogger/bike trailer I was using. I hate being stared at. Here are some pics of our United States Capital trip!

Korean War Veterans Memorial


Reflecting Pool - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lincoln Memorial


My favorite pic of the day. The gremlin at the WWII memorial.


Washington Monument - - - - - - - - - - - - - The White House


The Washington Monument (I dressed them the same to keep track of them more easily).

Oh, the metro was really interesting... I felt so little and insignificant riding it without Matthias back to the hotel (we stayed overnight). After riding it alone with 2 kids, I consider myself a metro pro.

The Metro or the "choo-choo" according to Becks

3 comments:

Karrie said...

how fun anj! I love all the pics you guys look so cute :) It looks like you guys had alot of fun!

ads said...

What a fun day. And it looks like the boys were smiling all the while. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

janet said...

Awesome pictures!! What a fun (and historical) vacation! Love the little gremlin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...