3.13.2008

yorktown

Yorktown was a blast today! After going to the Battlefield and the museum there, we went to the beach to have our picnic lunch. It was chilly, but dreamy! (The beach we went to is on the York River, but it opens right up to the Atlantic about a mile down from where we were.) The pictures are better than words, so I will leave it at that!

Yorktown Battlefield: On October 19, 1781, a British army under General Charles Lord Cornwallis was forced to surrender to General Washington’s combined American and French army. Upon hearing of their defeat, British Prime Minister Frederick Lord North is reputed to have said, "Oh God, it's all over." And it was. The victory secured independence for the United States and significantly changed the course of world history.


Yorktown Beach


Catching some waves!


This is how Beckham spent most of his time - mesmerized with the feel of sand and how it fell out of his hands. So precious!


After playing in the water, Ty would run up to the sand and bury his feet trying to warm them up.


It was chilly - and I of course was the whiner.


I just love this little face - even when it has sand, pbj, and snot on it!


Beautiful.


Thrown out to sea.

Headed out to sea.

6 comments:

Ola said...

Great shots!!! I'm so glad you got to go and do something super fun!! :)

Hoosier Mama said...

I want to make it! We still have to wait and see what we will be doing this summer. Miss you too!

Jaclyn and Brandon Tapia said...

Wow I am so glad you checked in on my blog! How are you? Yes I am teaching first grade. But you look like you had a great trip, how fun!!! You have such cute kids and I hope all is well and I am glad we can now keep up with each other.

ads said...

Love the pics! What a fun day. I'm really glad we can keep up on what you are doing.

LindsSawyer said...

Great pics! I am also in the middle of Eat Love Pray...MAJOR feminist themes but I have found a few lines in the book that REALLY resinated with me at this time in my life. I hope you ENJOY! Lets exchange book ideas from book club if you find another one you enjoy! Hope all is well!

Sus said...

so fun! i love the snotty sandy peanut buttery face too. can't believe you drove thru that snowstorm, but looks as is it was worth it! you inspire me to get outta this b-town (breaking away reference - you've seen breaking away, right? any new res of this town must see breaking away.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...