4.08.2008

ticked off

I am sure it is this:



That led to this:



Let me explain:

Yesterday while playing at the park, Ty saw 6 deer run off into the woods. He and Dixon thought it would be awesome to run after them. Because I was chatting away with a friend, I didn't notice how far they had gone into the woods. Dixon turned around and ran back to tell me that Ty wasn't stopping. So I went to find him... No biggie, just a boy trying to catch a couple deer. Today around 2pm he had a low grade fever. I gave him some Tylenol and thought nothing of it, after all, he has been a little sprite today. For example, in attempt to give Ty some freedom but keeping him close enough to monitor him in the front yard, my friend drew some boundary lines on the sidewalk that Ty had to stay inside (so we could see him through the front room window while he played). After crossing them twice and consequently having two short Couch Time's, Ty told me with his scowly face that he was going to cross out the lines so that he could cross over them. He did just so... clever, but no cigar... and found himself on the couch again. Let's just say Ty hasn't been himself today.

And now to the suspected reason... after his bath, Matthias told me to come take a look. Behind his ear, in his hair was something that looked like a huge blackhead. We tried squeezing it - - - then Matthias mentioned the word.... Tick.... I threw up a little in my mouth. Gross!

7 comments:

Shawny said...

Oh my gosh! Ticks are so disgusting! What a smart boy Ty Ty is!

Juliana said...

YUCK!!!! I am sorry. Take him to the DR. to make sure the fever isn't related to the tick....He is so clever.

ads said...

Been there, done that ! Ticks are so yucky !!! Ty is, of course, such a smarty pants.

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Sorry I had to remove my comment because I spelled something wrong--hate that!

Yuck! I haven't thought of ticks FOREVER! I remember getting one on my back when I was little and my mom tried spreading peanut butter on it until it came out. SICK! And I truly love how clever Ty is. He is always saying cute things to try to get his way. I love it!

LindsSawyer said...

Ticks? Yikes! I was always warned about them for girls camp and lime disease caused from them but never had a close encounter...scary! I wish you were in our book club too!Maybe if Mathias practices law in Utah you can join up!

Ola said...

They suck... But if you put butter on them they can't breathe -- the breathe and die... And then you can take them out -- after they die they surface a little and they're easier to grab -- with the tweezerman, but you have to make sure you take them whole... But I guess it's always easier to go to the doctor...

Jill Bowcutt said...

Oh man, I think I just threw up in my mouth too. Good luck with this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...