6.11.2008

lazy summer days

We are in the full swing summer lifestyle here... I won't do anything I don't want to... I do anything I want to... I am staying up late... spending lots of time in the sun... taking the kids to the pool...I am sleeping in and napping... reading... I feel like I am on vacation. Amazingly, my house is staying clean (probably because we are hardly home), and my chilluns are fed. I wonder if I am being lazy, or indulging a little too much in summer bliss?? I wonder if life should be a little more weighty right now... I need to be slaving away at something, right? Na.

We don't have any obligations... we come and go as we please... If Ty wants to ride his bike... OK, let's do it. Beckham wants to look at a bird outside... OK, fine by me. No rushing (exept Sunday mornings!) Please, summer stay forever!

I do feel a little guilty that my life gets to be so carefree right now while Matthias is spending all his time at work. I feel selfish when he gets home and asks what we've been up to during the day, and all I can report is... pool, playground, naps, relaxin' bubble-axin'. Part of me feels like I deserve a fun and simple summer for the difficulties we endure during Law School semesters... but then part of me feels like I need to be contributing a little more, we are a team, and who am I to enjoy life so much? It's supposed to be hard work, right? It is easy to feel guilty, but also easy to justify enjoying my lazy summer days.

But alas, I am going to enjoy this right now, because I am uncertain as to how long this will last!


PS. My birthday was great... an omelet breakfast in bed, birthday bomb, pool, bike ride, and date night! Wow, 26 feels pretty good so far! Matthias is the Birthday extraordinaire! I'll post later about my Birthday Present... a new bike! woo hoo!

8 comments:

Juliana said...

Happy birthday...I didn't know you and Ryan have such close birthdays.

Brad and Marci said...

Yea your birthday came and went and I of course thought your anniversary (next week was it and vise versa) and I thought I was on top of it. Please forgive my ignorance and for Christmas draw my name and give me a personalized calendar of birthdays! I think you deserve bliss no matter the season but since it only seems to come around rarely LIVE IT UP! Plus think of the great things you are teaching your boys. You could stay in doors stressing, fighting, crying, watching tv and have less quality of time. Have fun and I really think we need to come and visit. We'll work on it.

Sus said...

ps. Happy Birthday!

Sus said...

no no no! don't feel bad; hang out with ME! want to do bryan park pool next week? sorry we've been out of touch this week - VBS is eating us alive.

ads said...

You should totally enjoy the bliss and relax this summer. You deserve it ! ! ! Happy birthday again:)

Lenzi Woodbury said...

j e a l o u s is what I am right now! However since it's approx 100 degrees lately I'm not too keen on bike rides or watching the boys perform skateboard tricks...I guess in Las Vegas we really enjoy fall & spring. NOT SUMMER. Glad to hear someone is soakin' up the rays and enjoying the good weather. And Happy Late B-day. 26 isn't so bad, right? :)

LindsSawyer said...

I meant to tell you happy birthday the 9th is a great day!:) I am totally into the summer bliss like you lots of afternoons at the pool with magazines and books! Lovin it! Live it up!

Karrie said...

GOOD FOR YOU ANJ! You need it after law school. Don't blame you one bit, in fact you should do this all summer...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...