6.23.2008

me and my bike

I mentioned earlier that I got a new bike for my birthday! This is the reason I have been a little lazy blogging lately. I have been using my bike as much as I can, infact, my physical therapist told me that I need to lay off of it for a while (my knee is not getting better but worse). We have been running errands and commuting with our bikes mostly, and have also gone on several recreational rides. Yesterday we rode out to the Farmer's Market then went straight to the water park, then rode out for lunch on the other side of town, then headed home, I think we were gone about 5 hours - it was so refreshing to be outside all day!

Last week I rode Ty and Beckham out to Summer camp which is about a 7 mile ride one way. Seven miles one way doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but the hills out here are never ending. If it is not going up, then it is going down, no flat. I rode around town doing my errands with Beckham for the 5 hours Ty was in camp. By the time I picked him up and started to head home, I was out of gas. The boys were fighting in the trailer, the hills were too big and steep, it was too hot, and I was too tired. One hill I encountered, in the easiest gear may I add, I had to stop 3 times going up to let cars pass and catch my breath. My legs felt like they were going to fall off. I collapsed when I got home. I am definitely going to have to strengthen my legs before I make an all day ride like that again. I think I calculated I went around 25 miles that day pulling 110 pounds in kids, supplies, and trailer. Won't be doing that again for a while.

Here are some pictures of a bike ride I took early one morning with the boys.





6 comments:

Brad and Marci said...

How fun I am so glad you got your bike and I really hope that we can one day ride together! It looks so beautiful there and I hope to visit there.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Hero worship is necessary here. WOW!

Shawny said...

Woman, YOU are going to have legs of steal!! I wish I had your ambition and heart.

ads said...

You are awesome Anj.

Net said...

You are one brave and ambitious woman. Way to go. You are an inspiration to us all.

Lenzi Woodbury said...

You are my hero. Period.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...