7.22.2008

reupholstering

Before...




After...



My friend, Linnea, asked me if I could reupholster some of her chair cushions. I have never done it before, so this was my first shot at it. I did a total of two chairs (four cushions.) I used the old cushions to create a pattern. It was such a learning process. The first cushion alone took me 7 hours (from the dang zipper, to unpicking it a few times, to the corners which are impossible not to have bunch up, and my kids who start whining every time I pull my sewing machine out.) The fourth time was the charm as the last cushion cover took me only 2.5 hours.

What do you think?

6 comments:

Brad and Marci said...

Nice job Anj! Man that sucks that we don't get to cash in on your many talents. Your talent is endless along with your ablilities and I really hope that we can live by each other some day so you can lend me some help.

Shawny said...

The cushions turned out really great! It's fun to see the final product. So....wanna help me recover my chair? :)

Hoosier Mama said...

Shawny - yes, I would totally love to help you recover your chair!!!! If you pay me in home made blueberry muffins - they were delicious!

Juliana said...

Wow! Great job!

Net said...

The chair looks great. Way to go.

Shanna said...

I love it! Wish I had some creative talent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...