10.18.2008

the rock

We tried explaining to Ty the difference between the two presidential candidates the other night - telling him a few fundamental differences as well as showing him a picture of both. We asked him who he wanted to vote for and why. Ty said "I want the Rock Obama to win because I like his name and his cheeks are smaller than John McCain's." I agree, there is a subtle ring to the name of Barak Obama, and yes, his cheeks are smaller than John's.

Barak really wants my vote I tell you. I've had 2 phone calls, a set of Obama girls come to my door, and twice a set of Bama guys trying to sway my vote. I don't think I've even seen a sign posted for McCain here in B-town. Today they finally marked me off their list because I said I was leaning towards Obama. I don't know if I told them I was leaning towards Obama because I wanted them to stop coming over to my house, or if I was impressed that they were doing so much to get the word out and voters on their side, OR if I really like him more than McCain. Honestly, my following of the campaign has been primarily from SNL. I really do care about stuff, but I just feel so skeptical about any information given, especially information trashing the other opponent. And so for now, I too am left with judging sizes of cheeks and the resonating sound of names. I guess the question is, are smaller cheeks more presidential?

6 comments:

Jill Bowcutt said...

Anj, I just have to say that I seriously love reading your blog. You are hillarious and I hope I'm as crafty and organized as you some day. Oh ya, and your kids are so adorable.

Brad and Marci said...

It's a dang good thing kids don't vote based on the names and looks. Ty is so funny!

Que Onda Clines said...

Hey! I love all your fun stories! Your blog is so much fun to read!Wish you guys could have come out with Matthias.

ads said...

You know how politicians often deflect the real issues with trivial or confusing comments? Way to go Ty, he could be a crafty politician himself. I love the rock name !

Sus said...

Nice reasoning, Ty. I love it.

LBP said...

I love Presidents with small cheeks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...