11.04.2008

I voted

Yesterday I felt as . . .
. . . as ever trying to figure out who to vote for President.


Kinda like Beckham wearing his Batman costume, Spiderman hat, and Superman undies all at once. I also like both candidates and had a hard time making up my mind. (These pictures are evidence of the boy liking all things superhero.)


But late last night Matthias and I targeted the issues we were most concerned about and made our choice for president. As well, we watched all the county office candidate videos and decided who was more qualified, who wasn't crazy, and/or who was more attractive. This was the first election that I did all my homework and didn't vote for a candidate just because I liked the sound of their name better. I walked away from the ballot EARLY this morning feeling good about my choices, soaking in the beautiful morning sun, crisp air, chirping birds, and stuck the "I voted" sticker on my cheek that can get me a free coffee at a local gas station. Too bad I won't use it.


May the best candidate win!

6 comments:

Brad and Marci said...

Nice job on voting seeing that your state is a very crucial state in determining the next president. This time around voting I strictly stuck tot he candidate who best supports my values and beliefs. I didn't let the economy or taxes sway my thoughts. I just hope the next president will value the sanctity of marriage and family.

LindsSawyer said...

I am wearing my I Voted sticker proudly too. This is a consequential election and it feels good doing the research and taking part in democracy...Even if I wake up tomorrow disapointed I know I did my part..

Suzie said...

Andrea,
It's Suzie Paul. I found your blog through Josh's facebook. (I don't have a Facebook). Anyway, seeing all your pics makes me miss you guys & the good ole days! Email me at paul.suzie@gmail.com & I'll send you an invite to my blog so we can keep in touch. Glad to see things are going well for you guys!

ads said...

I'm impressed that you did your homework. It's good that you and Matthias researched all the candidates. I also voted for those that uphold my values, and didn't vote for those in the State Legislature that are dishonest (based on insider information).

Sus said...

Your pumpkin is a hoot, and a good foil for my neighbor's Obama pumpkin. I didn't see any McCain pumpkins, but I don't know if arty people just typically go more democratic or independent. :)

Que Onda Clines said...

Cute picture!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...